Sunday, July 5, 2009

A slice of reality

Saw this on Model Mayhem (can't remember who posted it, hope they'll forgive me :)), very enlightening. I think every girl who wants to be a model should check out the links to videos below:




Makes you realise how lucky you're not to have those kind of problems.
I'd rather work and do something creative with people who want to work with me, and so far I've been lucky to meet a few of those. I like photographers who find so called imperfections a model may have to be perfect. In my experience, photographers who expect a model to be perfect in everyway, create negative working environment which is not encouraging. Oh, and there are also photographers who for some reason before and during a shoot would go on how they like shooting such and such model, how fantastic (creative, talented etc.) she is and so on. I often wonder in such cases - why the hell they're saying it to me? To make me feel inferior? To make themselves look important? If you are insecure or unhappy, - read Louise Hay's book "You can heal your life". It helps a lot. Not being fixated (very tempted to use a stronger word here (starts with an "a" :)) on perfection helps too.
There's no perfection and chasing it is a waste of energy. Work with what you have and make the best of it. I certainly will and will have fun at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment